In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the June 2021 Tour has been postponed until further notice; fingers crossed for something in the Fall of 2021!
Flowers for Santa Fe – How you can get involved:
The Santa Fe Artists’ Medical Fund and Artisans of Santa Fe have partnered to deliver small original flower paintings to local hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. To learn more about the program and how you can get involved, click here.
FREE virtual class: “Pivoting to a Digital Studio”; enter 2X!*nY81 for the password. This session is presented by Jesse Freidin, a photographer and business coach. Learn more about his teaching and mentoring services by clicking here. Fees vary.
To learn about financial resources for artists impacted by COVID-19, click here
The Santa Fe Studio Tour is a volunteer organized event and we are looking for enthusiastic, talented volunteers to serve on our committees. Click here to learn more.
Benefits to participating in the Santa Fe Studio Tour
- Artists featured in full color brochure with 25,000 copies distributed by a professional service
- Artists featured in preview gallery
- Targeted advertising blitz leading up to the Tour
- Print and on-line advertising
- On-line calendars
- Social media with over 1,100 Facebook followers
- Outreach activities, e.g., Farmer’s Market
- Tour Website
- Newsletter, with 1,200 subscribers
- Rack cards professionally distributed during non-tour months
- Social Media
- Other Opportunities for Tour Artists
Guidelines & Requirements for 2020 Participating Artists
These have been updated for 2020, so please read carefully.
- The tour is open to artists who produce gallery quality work, have a sufficient body of work, and either have or can arrange for studio space appropriate for a professional presentation. Participation is open to artists who live in Santa Fe County, but for the purpose of the Tour they must arrange to show in a studio located within 10 miles of the Palace of the Governors, as determined by using the Google Maps DRIVING distance function. However, artists residing, and studios located outside of these areas which participated in the Santa Fe Studio Tour within the last three years are grandfathered into the Tour.
- Artists must commit to be present in their studios both weekends of the tour during the advertised hours of noon – 6 pm.
- Registration: Artists must complete and submit their application and pay their fee ONLINE.
- Required Information: To complete the ONLINE application all artists must enter:
- a CRS number (gross receipts tax number); NOTE: You can apply for a NM CRS# online at: https://tap.state.nm.us/tap/_/#1
- an email address
- a website dedicated to your artwork (FaceBook is NOT an acceptable alternative)
- a studio address
- confirmation of liability insurance for the studio location – NOTE: The Santa Fe Studio Arts Collective is not liable for the property and/or facilities of others nor injury to anyone on that property.
- Communications: The main forms of communication between Tour Organizers and Artists will be via: a) information posted on the SFST website, and b) email.
- Sales: All sales proceeds received by participating artists remain the property of the selling artist and all costs and taxes incurred from the sale of art by the artist are to remain the responsibility of the artist. As required by New Mexico law, each artist must have a CRS (gross receipts tax) number and be responsible for collecting and paying sales tax for their business. If required by law, each artist must have a business license either from the City of Santa Fe or County of Santa Fe, depending on where they are located.
- Signs: Signs will be provided as follows: one metal A-Frame per studio location, and two H-Frames per registered artist, each with appropriate SFST directional signs. A $50 Sign Deposit Check is due AT THE TIME THE SIGNS ARE PICKED UP. Extra H-Frames with directional signs will be available for an additional fee. Artists or their representative are responsible for picking up their signs at the designated place and time. If you or your representative do not pick up your signs, you will be charged a $50 late pick up fee. ALL SIGNS MUST BE RETURNED at the end of the Studio Tour. The Sign Deposit Check will be returned to the artist when the signs are returned in good condition. You will be charged $15.00 for each sign that is returned damaged.
- Studio Sharing: Studio sharing is allowed. You are responsible for finding a participating artist with whom to share. Each artist in a shared studio must fill out an application and pay the registration fee. This will be strictly enforced. If you allow another artist (including spouses/partners) to share your studio space without registering and without paying the registration fee, you will both be denied participation in the following year’s tour. In addition, the artist who shared without registering will be required to immediately pay their registration fee. NOTE: it is the host’s responsibility to confirm with their insurance company that the guest artist is also covered.
- Image submission requirements – Artists will submit 6 – 8 high quality images for use in brochures, SFST website, print and electronic advertising:
- Resolution: 300 dpi for website & brochure images; 72 dpi for social media images
- Dimensions: longest side 6” (1800 pixels)
- Website images will be cropped square. If you want to control the cropping, then crop your images to square before submitting them.
- Images must be submitted electronically as directed.
- Submission instructions and deadlines will be posted to the website on the Artist Resources tab.
NOTE: You are encouraged to include an image of yourself working in the studio (an “action” shot) as well as images of individual pieces of your work.
- Mandatory Meeting: There will be ONE mandatory meeting about seven months before the Tour. If the Artist is unable to attend, an artist’s representative must attend in their stead. The purpose of this meeting is to provide general Tour information & orientation, discuss donations, distribute donation forms, and confirm committee volunteers. Meeting date will be posted to the website Artists Resources tab.
- Mandatory Tasks: Artist or artist’s representative must complete the below listed tasks within the specified dates and times. Dates will be posted to the website Artists Resources tab.
- Proof brochure, advertisements, website, etc. – All proofs for review will be sent to the email address supplied on your application. Artists are required to proofread and approve all information for the brochure, map, SFST website, and advertisements by the deadlines provided. If corrections or changes are not submitted by those deadlines, we print as is.
- Pick up signs, brochures and handouts
- Drop off preview gallery entries
- Pick up preview gallery entries – NOTE: artists who fail to pick up their preview gallery entries at the specified date and time will be fined $100.00.
- Return signs after the Tour (when you return undamaged signs, your $50 deposit check will be returned to you)
- Self-Promotion: Artists agree to be responsible for their own self-promotion by notifying clients, friends, family, etc. SFST logos must be used with all your self-promotion for the Tour. SFST logos will be emailed to you about four months before the Tour.
- Donations: Artists are expected to solicit donations in support of the Tour. A Donations Committee will coordinate. Over half of the funds needed to make the Tour a success are from donations.
- Volunteering: The Santa Fe Studio tour is a volunteer run event and Artists are strongly encouraged to give back to their artist community by volunteering to help organize the Tour. It takes a wide range of skills and lots of willing hands to make the Tour a success for all artists. When you complete the online registration form you will have the opportunity to indicate how you will volunteer, so before you register please click here to visit the Volunteer Page of the SFST website to learn more about the various Tour Committees and to inform your decision as to which committee you will help.
SANTA FE STUDIO ARTS COLLECTIVE
Santa Fe Studio Arts Collective is proud to present the 2020 Santa Fe Studio Tour. Local artists, engaged in creating fine art in Santa Fe County, will open their studios the first two weekends in October for the Santa Fe Studio Tour. Open to the public, a free event, this is a unique opportunity for the public to see the artists’ latest work and their working environment. This tour allows visitors to map out their own route and see as many studios as they wish. Most studios have an artist demonstrating their techniques and all studios have art for sale.
Santa Fe Studio Arts Collective is a community of studio artists dedicated to the creation of art as an important and indispensable part of the life and the economy of the City and County of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
To support local member artists and promote the arts in Santa Fe County. We aim to serve the artists by promoting and sharing their art as a valuable asset for sale through educational, social, and cultural engagement. We aim to go both behind the studio walls and beyond to promote and nurture excellence in artistic creation and appreciation.