- 1 Lead plus 8 volunteers
- At least 9 months out, investigate venue options
- For 2020, the Woman’s Club has been secured for the first weekend in October; opening Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday. This reservation can be cancelled if a better venue is found.
- Work with Treasurer on
- cost of venue,
- contract for dates & access, and
- Plan food/drink for Friday night opening, including paper goods
- Plan for panels, pedestals, and tables for display and volunteers to install
- Plan for table and chairs for volunteers staffing the gallery
- Plan for donor poster and artist card displays
- Work with curator to determine lighting requirements and organize volunteers to implement
- About 2 months out, review online title card form and submit any changes to the Website Committee Chair
- Print title cards
- Develop a procedure for documenting the receipt and return of art works
- Secure a volunteer curator to arrange art works and volunteers to hang art and apply title cards
- About 2 weeks out from the Preview Gallery date, train volunteers to staff drop-off and pick-up tables and sign in and sign out art works.
- Train volunteers to staff the gallery on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday (how to process sales, gather visitor info on sign-in sheets, and mind the donation box)
- Provide information from sign-in sheet to email admin to be added to Mailchimp distribution list
- Update (or create) ‘how to’ / handover documentation as needed; note ways to improve the process in the following year and post to DropBox at the end of the year.